Monday, May 22, 2006

God never said it would be easy... He just said he would go with me.
- J.G. Holland

..................................................

The soundtrack/song that would be playing in this moment of retrospect would be:
Jose González - Heartbeats

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, check out yum's website. So throw it on if you have it, and if you don't then maybe you should.

..................................................

The end of the tunnel is hard to see when you get swept up with the business and worries that life can bring. And when you get caught up by the stress, you feel like everything else falls apart too - like that magazine you made months ago that you thought you washed your hands clean of, but only to come back and bite you on the butt cause the client is finding faults in the production and copy and match schedule and everything else. The pressure can just hit you like a phone call at the end of the day - like the semi-trailer hitting the coupe in myth-busters today. It's hard not to let it get to you.

But I learnt that it's often the little things that get you by. Like someone understanding your idea for the coming Apex service; or someone pulls through for you when you need them; or someone listens to you moan and groan and really takes the time to really understand and help you; or to have a really supportive family when you need them; or just someone to snuggle on the couch with while you watch scrubs.

It took me a while, but I realised that today wasn't a bad day. I won't always be able to have all the answers to life's problems, and I won't always be ready for them, but as long as I have someone there for me I don't think I could call it a bad day.

..................................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home