Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Because we cling to the past we become unavailable to the present.
- Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

..................................................

Besides the usually weekend scramble of catching up on things, which I have affectionately named: the 'doing-everything-I-wish-I-could-do-during-the-week-but-can't-because-I-don't-have-time-and-because-all-the-shops-are-closed-by-the-time-I-finish-work' mad weekend rush, we managed to get our hands on 2 tickets, cue electric guitars...

2 tickets to paradise, I've got 2 tickets to paradise. Pack your bags we'll leave tonight, I've got 2 tickets to paradise! Neoow neoow neoow neooooow neoow neoooow neoow neooooow neoow neooooow neoow neo neooooow... excellent guitaring...

We actually had 5 tickets, and though some would argue otherwise, it was not to paradise. We went to see a stand up comic by the name of Stephen K Amos. And I'll be honest... I peed my pants that night. It was okay though cause it was during dinner while we were sitting down. I had time to change into a clean pair before we went to watch Stephen K Amos. But then he made me wet my pants again - and boy howdy were they wet. He was a f'ing funny bastard, so funny that my jaw was in real pain after the show from laughter - the uncontrolable kind.

That's right, before the show we got some dinner at the Lincoln Hotel on the corner of Queensberry and Cardigan in Carlton. Dinner was sweet. It wasn't overly expensive, a little over the usual prices you get at pubs, but I really enjoyed it - just chatting whilst eating good food, telling stories, telling jokes. Had my slow cooked lamb shanks with a pint of Mountain Goat - what more could a brother ask for, know what I'm say-in jigga.

Had-a-good-weekend.

..................................................




2 Comments:

Blogger nik said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:51 pm  
Blogger nik said...

my name's tony and i want to f a goat!

the night was awesome... stephen was awesome (we're on a first name basis now) - a real pisser. i hurt so much afterwards that i couldn't get to sleep...

5:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home