Tuesday, October 17, 2006

We believe customers just don't buy a product; they buy value in the form of entertainment, experience and self-identity.
_ Hartmut Esslinger

..................................................

I've been taking the train to College everyday and I forgot just how annoying some people can be. I know this isn't uncommon, but I've categorised people in order of their type of rudeness/inconsideration:

1. Starers
Thats pretty much what they do, just stare. Even when you try and stare them down! Isn't it rude to stare? Am I just a little sensitive?
Like this one guy, he's probably about 40, chinese looking fella, just stares with no shame. IN THE MORNING TRAIN! We call him 'stare bear' now.
Why it annoys me? Makes me a wee bit comfortable - makes me feel dirty, a dirt that can't be washed off. And because it's the morning train and I tend to nod off on occasions, it makes me feel even more uncomfrotabel to wake up to him watching me! Who knows what he's doing... in his mind. Like a friend of my says, he's probably watching me to keep a mental picture in 'spank bank'. (write that one down).

2. Barges
They barge and charge the doors to get in (but get this) when they get in they friggin slow down and take their sweet arse time finding a seat, blocking you, and by the time you are able to reach a seat all the 'good' spots are taken! WHY! These people are mostly of curry & asian decent... mostly women (if not all). They walk like they drive... (oooo I went there, I went there alright). They push through only to get smoked when we walk down the stairs through the tunnel (how do you like them apples).

3. Dudes who can't sit properly
Mainly consist of dudes who have insecurities about 'size' so they have to sit with their legs full wide apart, even when it's a full carriage. What's the deal with that? Don't they realise that people will sit next to them, and they will have to stay within 'their' space on the seats. THERE ARE RULES on how to use the seats when there are other people on it! RULES! And it's worse when they begin to shake their legs! NOW THAT MAKES ME FEEL DIRTY!

4. Reverse Barges
These are the people who are on the other side of the door and barge through before/while you are trying to get out. This is by far the ruddest of them all! And... they consist of the usual suspects.


But seriously... without these people my mornings wouldn't be exciting. So thank you all you stares, barges dudes who can't sit properly and reverse barges, for making my train ride all the more eventful.

NB: Please don't take offense to this. I make joke.
..................................................

TUNES!

aaahh it's a hard life listening to oh so many good tunes. So here are my Most Played Albums:

Phoenix - It's Never Been Like That
Phoenix - Alphabetical
Phoenix - United
Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak
The Subways - Young for Eternity
Kasabian - Kasabian
LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
The Killers - Sam's Town
Figurines - Skeleton
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

And did i mention that everyone needs to get:

THE KOOKS - INDSIDE IN/INSIDE OUT

Do it!

Peace out.

3 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Phoenix as in Long Distance Call Phoenix?? :|

3:42 pm  
Blogger Steph said...

don't forget about the "i don't wear deodorant on a 38 degree day" class of train riders too :o)

10:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ;)
heh... what mad newz!
what do you suppose about it?

10:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home